Bugler Foundation funds 1,000 counselling sessions through £30,000 donation to Signpost
The Bugler Foundation, a supporter of Signpost Counselling since 2019, has furthered their support with a £30,000 donation this October.
Signpost is fully committed to the continued provision of counselling, coaching and other support to help young people aged 10-25 and living in South and West Hertfordshire overcome problems in their lives.
This donation will enable 1,000 sessions for 125 young people, bringing these individuals to a point of “wellbeing independence”. Young people are referring themselves, or with the help of a parent or carer and on average, being a client-led service, Signpost will see most young people show confidence to proceed independently of their services after 8 sessions.
Andy Bugler, Bugler Group CEO says, “At a time where more young people than ever are looking for the support they need through counselling, we are pleased to be able to further our funding for Signpost with this donation. Caring for the mental health of young people is a cause we believe in, and we hope that the 1,000 sessions this donation has made possible will have a positive impact on all involved.”
Serreta Pritchard, One YMCA/Signpost Director of Family Support says “We are delighted to receive the Bugler Foundation’s very generous donation, which will have a positive impact on so many young people who are experiencing adverse experiences. This will enable us to reduce our waiting lists, which over the last two years has increased significantly, due to the overwhelming demand for our services. By providing interventions swiftly, we can reduce the adverse impact on young people, their families and society as a whole, enabling young people to be more resilient and able to lead more fulfilling lives. On behalf of the young people, we thank the Bugler Foundation for their ongoing commitment to Signpost and those we support.”
About Signpost/One YMCA
- Signpost is fully committed to the continued provision of counselling, coaching and other support to help young people aged 10-25 and living in South and West Hertfordshire overcome problems in their lives – for more information visit www.oneymca.org/signpost
- One YMCA enables people to develop their full potential in body, mind and spirit by creating supportive and energising communities that are open to all.
- They deliver a range of programmes and services that tackle the issues facing local people and support them to reach their full potential and live their lives with a greater level of independence. Their services include family centres, nurseries, specialist support, health & wellbeing, youth work and supported housing.
- They work with all ages, faiths and backgrounds, as part of a global network of 14,000 YMCAs although remain an independently registered local charity covering Herts, Beds and Bucks.
- Over recent years, their reach has extended to Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire in addition to Hertfordshire where they have serviced local communities for more than 130 years.
About Bugler Group
- Bugler Group is a contractor and house builder based in Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, celebrating 40 years in business in 2022 – for more information visit www.bugler.co.uk
- In 2019, the Bugler Foundation was launched.
- Since its inception, it has helped fund many local causes, from mental health, to grassroots sports and local education.
- The Bugler Foundation/Signpost partnership was formally announced on 10th October 2018 “World Mental Health Day”, and on the same day in 2022 the Foundation has again furthered our support of the charity.